1. What so special about the technologies behind AcuPearl?
Pulsed – low frequency-pulsed output of both the magnetic and the light spectrums. The process of pulsed stimulation (turning on & off in rapid succession) delivers enhanced effects over a permanent magnetic field and a constant light source. The rate & duration of the pulses is an important factor to the AcuPearl technology.
Electromagnetic – refers to the well-proven and accepted therapeutic technology of Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy. This type of therapy uses low frequency, short duration, low intensity magnetic pulses to stimulate body tissues. The effects have been shown to be both positive and wide reaching including: accelerated tissue repair, pain relief, improved inflammation response, improved sleep, accelerated bone repair and much more.
Adaptive Resonance – is a proprietary method developed for AcuPearl to produce resonant signatures which are continually adapted in specific ways as the device is being used. It has some similarities to Multi-Wave Oscillators developed in the 1920s by Georges Lakhovsky. And also incorporates the ideas of James Oshman and the connective tissue matrix communication network which goes some way to giving a tangible basis to the Chinese meridian system.
Light – The primary light source is provided by a central red LED (Light Emitting Diode) which pulsates at a rate undetectable to the eye. The pulsation rate has been chosen to help open up the acupuncture and meridian channels and energize tissues. Around the main LED are three secondary yellow LEDs and these visibly flash on and off when the device is in operation. The rate at which they flash and the apparent direction of rotation (clockwise or anti-clockwise) is automatically sequenced as the device is being used to give either an energizing/activating effect or calming/dispersing effect.
Ultrasound – Basically the meridians flow through the connective tissue and where they get blocked, pain tends to appear – painful obstruction syndrome TCM calls it. The ultrasound helps ease the blocks by opening up the energy channels. Very low level of ultrasound are used and low frequency 25KHz (medical ultrasound equipment is of the order of 700KHz and high energy). The acuperl unit only penetrates a centimeter or so. This makes it safe. We can use such low energy as it is used in conjunction with resonance, light and magnetism and the combined effect is what gives it its potency.
2. Is it like a TENS device?
3. Is the device easy to use?
Of course, if you have some knowledge about acupuncture, trigger points, chakra, you can use the AcuPearl over those meridians and points to enhance the therapeutic effect and expand the potency of the device.
4. Is there any side effects with the AcuPearl?
5. Who can use AcuPearl?
6. How many programs are there in AcuPearl?
7. How do we know where & how to apply AcuPearl onto respective health conditions?
8. Can I use AcuPearl for acute pain?
9. How long will a treatment take?
10. How often should I use my AcuPearl in order to get results?
11. What can I expect during the treatment session?
12. Will I get immediate relief from the problem after the treatment session?
13. What do I get when I purchase a AcuPearl?
14. Do I need to have medical background to use AcuPearl?
15. How do I know if the unit is functioning?
16. How should I apply AcuPearl?
ii) Or it may be held over an acupoint to give more specific action as discussed in the suggestions for use section of the instruction manual
17. Can I use the 3 programs together in succession instead of manually selecting each one?
18. Is there any warranty?